To dimension and control stocks according to real and estimated consumption.
Objectives and means: to reduce stocks, to increase stock turnover, to reduce storage surface, to simplfy visually follw-up and planning, in order to reveal flows dysfunctions.
Problem solving: Plan Do Check Act.
The PDCA cycle is a four-stroke engine, associated with a continuous improvement approach.
Planning precedes implementation (Do); control and analysis of the result to conclusions; this will lead to an Action; new objective, new strategy…etc.
Fast serial tool changeover: Single Minute exchange of Die.
An organisation method to reduce systematically the time of serial tool changeover, with a qualified objective.
4 steps to reach that point:
- to remove the useless operations, to reduce machine downtown
- to simplify flanging and mounting
- to work in group.
- to eliminate adjustments, test and reduction of “stopped machine” tasks
- to direct the staff towards the key objectives of the company (direct measurement)
- to direct and coordinate the whole of tasks and functions
- to adapt the objectives and the activities of the company to the social and environmental changes.
To reduce wastings
Principle: no real improvement of productivity or quality, if the wastings remain.
7 types of indexed wastings: overproduction, latencies, transport, useless stocks, manufacturing processes, useless movement, defective pieces.
Quick Reponse Quality Control
A quality approach aiming for fast problems solving.
Gen-jitsu reality (to examine real data, periodic synthesis)
Gan-ba real place (to discuss in the factory or in office)
Gen-Butsu real things (to examine the defective part or product)
A great number of accidents can be avoided, thanks to:
- an effective prevention policy
- observance of regulations
- staff sensitising
To reduce and sort waste
An environmental management allows companies
- to minimise the impact of their activities on the environment
- to prevent incidents
- to fix an action plan and to improve their environmental performance